At BOLD N' Bitchin' we understand the vulnerability that comes with skincare. We create a comfortable, safe space where you can open up with your biggest skin "flaws"
We create a plan for you, and follow you for years and years. We are not a one treatment and out facility. We will walk WITH you thru your skincare journey until we reach the results you desire!
We use multiple modalities and offer custom, at- home, skincare to specifically target skin imperfections without breaking the bank. We start small, become proficient in YOUR skin, and expand your treatment into more aggressive services. Its a marathon- not a race!
We carry Jan Marini Research skincare system, SkinMedica, and Image Skincare.
We combine medical grade skincare with advanced modalities to give you the best results!
What are they?
A chemical peel uses a chemical solution to remove the damaged superficial layers of skin, revealing the more youthful skin underneath. Chemical peels can reduce or improve fine lines and wrinkles, acne, scars, uneven skin coloring, and other skin imperfections.
They can help reduce or improve:
· Fine lines under your eyes or around your mouth
· Certain types of acne
· Mild scarring
· Sun spots, age spots, freckles or uneven skin coloring
· Precancerous scaly spots called actinic keratosis
· Rough skin, scaly patches, dull complexion
· Dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
How is it done?
Your skin will be thoroughly cleansed with an agent that removes excess oils, while your eyes and hair are protected. A chemical solution is then applied to your skin. Chemical solutions typically used include glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid or carbolic acid (phenol). The different types of chemicals cause a controlled “injury,” each penetrating through to a different skin depth, then peeling away to reveal a new layer of skin. Then your skin will have a sun-protective cream applied to protect newly exposed skin layers.
Which peel do I get?
We offer a mix of light to medium peels to meet your desired goals.
What should I expect after getting a peel?
Light chemical peel:
· You may have some redness followed by scaling that lasts between three and seven days.
· Apply lotion or cream as directed until your skin heals. After your skin heals, apply daily sunscreen.
· Additional peels may be repeated every two weeks until you achieve your desired results. Typically three to five peels are needed to achieve your goal.
Medium chemical peel:
· Expect some redness, swelling, stinging and flaking of your skin. Swelling may last and/or worsen for 48 hours. Blisters can develop and will break open. Skin will crust and peel off over seven to 14 days.
· Perform daily cleansing as directed. Apply ointment after each cleaning. Apply lotion or cream daily. Don’t expose your skin to sunlight until completely healed. Don't pick or scratch at peeling skin.
· Additional medium-depth peels may be repeated at six to 12 months intervals, if needed, to maintain results.
What is it?
Dermaplaning is a minimally invasive procedure that shaves away the top layers of your skin. It can help reduce the appearance of acne scars or pitted skin by revealing newer, undamaged skin. Some people get dermaplaning to remove unwanted hair.
What to expect?
You might feel a scratching or stinging sensation on your skin, but dermaplaning isn’t painful.
Your provider uses a surgical grade scalpel to remove the dead skin and peach fuzz. Your skin may be slightly red but redness will subside within the next few hours. Your skin will be smooth, fresh and bright after treatment and for the next 2-3 weeks!
What is it?
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. It helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin which is abundant when you're young and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
Various goals can be reached with microdermabrasion:
· Improve age spots and blackheads
· Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
· Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
· Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
· Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
· Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
· Treat acne and the scars left by acne
What to expect?
This is an approximately 30 minute, non-painful process that can be combined with other skin techniques. The number of treatments will depend on one’s skin type and goals. People can have treatments weekly, every 2 weeks, or monthly.
What are medical Facials?
Medical facials are great for anyone with SPECIFIC skin concerns such as acne, scarring, etc. We use medical grade products and different modalities to heal your skin. These facials at times can be slightly uncomfortable and you can expect to leave with redness- like your skin has been worked. Remember these facials are not for everyone. A skin consult is required prior to treatment plan.
At BOLD N' Bitchin' Medical Spa we use SkinMedica, and Jan Marini Skincare Research to enhance your skincare results!
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a mimimally invasion treatment also known as collagen induction therapy. This cosmetic procedure involves numerous thin tiny needles repeatedly puncturing the skin. The damage and stimulation to your skin creates natural collagen and elastin production for younger, smoother, tighter looking skin.
You might consider microneedling if you’re concerned about:
- Enlarged pores.
- Fine lines or wrinkles
- Loose or crepey (thin and wrinkled) skin.
- Mild scars, especially those from acne or burns.
- Skin discoloration or uneven skin tone.
- Stretch Marks
What to expect
This treatment takes approximately 1 hour. Your skin specialist will numb your face prior to treatment. The procedure tends to feel uncomfortable but not overly painful. Healing from microneedling takes 24-48 hours; however, if treatment is aggressive it can take 3-4 days. You should expect mild irritation, redness, and swelling. Most people return to work the 1-2 days post treatment
At BOLD N' Bitchin' we use Jan Marini Skincare Research, Image Skincare and SkinMedica.
Other products coming in 2023; however we custom order products for each client depending on desired results.